Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) benefit program that helps households afford the internet service they need for work, school, healthcare and more. There is no fee to apply.
Qualifying households can receive:
- $30 per month discount on high-speed internet service.
- $75 per month discount if the household is on qualifying tribal lands.
- One-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
Two Steps to Enroll:
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
More than 1,300,000 New York households are receiving the monthly benefit as of June 19, 2023. To apply and learn more please visit the Affordable Connectivity Program website. Help spread the word in your community with the ACP Consumer Outreach Toolkit.
New Federally Secured $30 Internet Plans
The federal government has worked with 20 leading internet providers to offer households that are eligible for ACP a high-speed internet plan for no more than $30 per month. If you are an ACP eligible household, you can access one of these plans at no cost. Visit http://getinternet.gov for more details.
Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone or internet service. Eligible consumers can get up to $9.25 off the cost of phone, internet, or bundled services. Learn more about Lifeline.
Guide to Internet Plans for Low- and Fixed-Income Households
If you are looking for ways to get online when you're struggling to make ends meet, this national Guide To Internet Plans For Low- And Fixed-Income Households is perfect for low-income families, as it covers topics such as how to get discounts on internet services, where to find affordable internet equipment, and how to qualify for free or discounted mobile service plans.